Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Home!

As of Friday I came home for the easter holidays at university. The break is 3 weeks long but I think I'll be home for 2, so that I can go back and revise for the impending exams at halls where I am more like to work than at home!

It is a nice change being at home in very familiar surroundings. Speaking of familiar surroundings, I am working for the easter break (and the summer in months to come) at the cafe I worked at for 2 years prior to university. It is a bit nostalgic going back. Some things having changed and there are some different staff, but ultimately when I had my first shift back today it was like I had never left. I was straight back in the kitchen, which is where I was when I stopped working there in September last year. Fortunately I remembered what I needed and didn't feel like some might, that feeling of being thrown in at the deep end!

Other than working half of the easter holidays (as I now have 7 shifts, rising from 4 where I picked up 1 shift sunday morning and 2 today at work), I plan to go out and spend time with friends and family. I want to hit the buffet at the restaurant I went to for my brother's birthday once more (I do love a good buffet), go to the cinema a few times for orange wednesday, go into town and generally relax and have a break from work. Although saying that, I did bring some notes back with me which I do plan to have a flick through during this fortnight so it doesn't all fade to unfamiliar memory!

Guess I should get to sleep as I was busted earlier falling asleep watching the Blackburn vs Manchester United game by my Mum! Have a good week and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment