The past week has absolutely flown by. I have spent half of it working, which I am fully back into the swing of despite having not worked at the cafe for 6 months, and seeing friends or being out doing something. I have felt very busy but it is fine by me to be active doing something!
Today I went to Goodwood with my dad to see some racing. It was raining all day (and still is!) and was pretty windy. Was nice to see some very flash new and old cars though I admit I'm not aware of what some of them were.
My mum surprised me yesterday and got me a Creme Egg easter egg. I would of taken a picture but sadly the egg is no more! Pretty bad as it was a pretty big egg... Oops!
I found I had plenty of time to eat most of it last night to be honest. I unexpectantly got hooked watching the final round of the Masters golf at Augusta National Golf Club. I normally find I lose interest after around 10 minutes with watching golf. But, to my surprise I finished watching it at around half midnight when Bubba Watson won in a play-off. I also felt pretty lucky to be watching and see an albatross by Oosthuizen (who lost in the play-off and who's name has taken me ages to remember how to spell) and two holes in one, which I know are pretty rare.
In the car to Goodwood today I was talking to my dad about his university sports experience and it added to my motivation to get involved with uni sports and societies next year. I've been thinking about it for some time now and regretting not getting involved this year if I am honest at points. I guess I did join the gym, so perhaps for the next uni year I won't rejoin and instead could use the money and extra time for doing some sports/societies. My dad said how he played football and rugby for Brunel, as well as playing basketball, running cross country and doing just about anything he had a chance to. This sounded a bit like how I pictured myself wanting to be before I went to university. A lot of people talk about the experience of university, not just what degree you get, and how it shapes your life and who you are. I wouldn't say I am worse off this year for not being as involved, in a way I'm happy as I feel very settled and comfortable, and have some great friends as a result. But for year 2 of university come September, in line with my new years resolution of joining a club/society, I strongly plan to join something and come Freshers Fayre (unless I decide beforehand) I'll be signing up to a lot more for trials and seeing where the wind takes me!
This week the weather has taken a turn for the more usual English approach of wind and rain. I am due to be working tuesday, wednesday and thursday. However, I expect at this rate I will not be working particularly much as the cafe is not busy when the weather isn't inviting and people don't want to head out! I am not entirely sure when I will head back to Portsmouth, but I doubt I will stay home for the full 3 weeks holiday. This is down to the fact, as I expected, that I would do no work when I was at home. The work folder I lugged back with me has sat untouched collecting dust on the side. I guess I have been very busy and probably avoiding it. Perhaps its just me giving myself a break from it all. But, with exams looming in May, I think its probably best that I do get some work done in the holiday to give me a chance of doing well! The best way for me to do that is to go back to Halls where not as many people will be around (I guess) and also where I would feel more inclined to work a bit!
But as yet, my plans are still very much working on a day to day basis, so we will see how it works out, when it works out!
Oh yeah. Happy late Easter for yesterday :). Here's a fake chick in its honour.

No comments:
Post a Comment