Well, well, well... Today was a laugh and the times to comes seem pretty good too.
Today was a friend's birthday. Myself and some other friend's surprised him with a card and some presents before lunch. In the evening we went to the pub for some food and to watch the Chelsea vs Napoli game. It was fun and we had some drinks, (perhaps a few more were had by the birthday boy than anyone else!), with the added bonus of two free burgers and chips courtesy of Yates, and of course the fact that Chelsea won in extra time.
In six-a-side football today, I'm afraid that we suffered yet another loss, although I felt like the game was more competitive. Once more, I feel like I could sit here and complain about it but ultimately, we tried and were beaten (5-2). Maybe another day it would of turned out differently but that, as they say, is that. I might as well focus my energy into enjoying it as there are only three more games to go before it is all over.
During the afternoon, I received some messages from a friend informing me that Guild Wars 2 (yes its nerd time) has been put up for pre-order on their website, at £50, £65 and £130 for Normal, Premium and Collectors Editions respectively. He also found that on some online shops they had pre-orders becoming available for just under £40. I expect that I will order one of the cheaper copies as I don't feel the need to spend more just to get it a tad earlier or to get a few more bonus in-game items. But the fact that it is being opened up a bit is exciting and I hope it is a trigger for more to happen in the not too distant future!
Following this we spoke about what was inherently his idea, about upgrading my desktop computer to facilitate the game and as a general improvement. In all honesty, I do not know much about the workings of a computer and I'm not particularly good using with my hands. I'm much more of a theoretical person. But, I am excited by the prospect of putting it all together and learning more about how a computer works and what goes on inside.
This "project" was earmarked as a thing for the summer, but I figured that if I am home for around two weeks in easter, then why not make a start such that I can enjoy the upgrades come the summer. Should there be any problems, at least some progress would have been made and we could resolve any issues in the summer with the knowledge of knowing what needed to be done. It helps that I intend to work at the cafe in the easter holidays, such that I will have a little cash flow to counter my expenses on the computer parts!
Tomorrow, it is time for Derren Brown's Svengali show, which I have been massively looking forward to since before we even ordered the tickets! It is at the Mayflower in Southampton, starting around half 7 and finishing around 10ish. I have little idea what to expect from the show, but I am hopeful it will make for an entertaining evening.
Anyway, I should be getting to sleep so that I am well rested for what is a fairly long (but hopefully exciting) day tomorrow. Bye! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment