And then it was Monday once more. My weekend back home flew by in a flash.
Last Thursday (the 15th) I went to see Derren Brown's Svengali show in Southampton, at The Mayflower. It was incredible. I would divulge more of what happened, but upon Derren himself's request, it is perhaps more fun not to say so as not to spoil the awesome spectacle. I will however post a picture relevant to the evening of a stamp on my hand.
Friday was my brother's birthday and overall it was good, although travelling back home didn't go according to plan. The idea was to arrive when my brother was out so he would be surprised when he got home. That went out the window when the train I was due to catch was cancelled, which I discovered when I got to the station on Friday. There was a train 15 minutes afterwards to go to an intermediary station, but in effect it would of been the same to go there as waiting for the next train that was in 40 minutes. So I opted to wait the 40 minutes for the next train. 4 minutes before it arrived, the time boards came up saying it was cancelled. It then advised passengers to take the next train (to the same intermediary station as before) before getting another change.
All in all, rather frustrating. To add to this, the final stint of my train was 50 odd minutes and there wasn't a single seat! My journey was meant to take around 1 hour 15 minutes where I could read a book and relax, and instead it took 2 and a half hours with anything but relaxation. By this point even my dad collecting me from the station when my brother was due to be picked up was not feasible. I was planning to get a taxi, but fortunately for me a friend gave me a lift. I got home and within 15 minutes was out the door once more for my brother's meal (which by the way was delightful!).
We went to Brewer's Fayre for my brother's meal. Since we had last gone the restaurant had been redecorated a bit and now had themed buffet nights, as well as the menu. It was Fish Shop Friday, which I opted for without hesitation and wolfed down a large amount of some nice food. Not bad at all for £5.99!
And shortly after arriving home for the meal, we had my brother's birthday cake which my mum baked at home. It was very yummy to say the least. I wished I had eaten less at the buffet (not something I say often or lightly) so that I could of had some more cake!
Saturday I spent with the friend who dropped me home from the station. We started off by going into town where we both spent money on new clothes that we didn't plan on buying. We then stopped off at the cafe where we both used to work, and also where I intend to work this easter and summer. The plan was that I went to see someone to sort out my hours for easter. But, because of the wet weather, they weren't in. So instead we stayed for a while speaking to the other's that were in and had some lunch. A bit later we returned to my house to assess what components I should get for my desktop computer. I decided that I would do the upgrade in the Easter holidays, and subsequently, thought it was wise to order the parts this weekend just gone to ensure that they arrive in good time to do it! I got a graphics card, power supply and case for under what I planned to spend which was good. We then had dinner at mine, before heading back to his house to play some pc games, stopping off on the way to get some nibbles from Tescos!
Sunday I had a lie in, before spending a bit of time with my mum for mothers day and my dad. But before too long, it was time to go to the station to get the train back to university. This weekend I am going home for a very brief spell for a meal for my nan passing away, before coming back saturday evening so I can do my sport relief run sunday. The weekend after I am home for at least a week or two, though unfortunately I can't stay longer as I need to get revising for my impending exams!
I certainly feel like I've been very busy of late, and it seems that trend is going to continue into the next few weeks aswell!
No comments:
Post a Comment