Think the title says enough. It seems I am coming down with another cold. Thought I was out the tunnel and in the clear but apparently not, and another cold is building upon me. Annoying considering I have my Sport Relief run sunday and would like to be feeling fit for it!
Football this week went better than expected. We were playing the team who are top in the league. They were quite good but in fairness (and not biased, they commented as well), we played well. We were, however, unlucky. It is 6-a-side and we had seven players. In the first half towards the end one of our players got a calf injury when going in for a tackle so he was ruled out and at half time we were still very much in the game at 3-2 down. Half way through the second half, another of our players suffered a knee injury (he described it as having "popped out"). So when we started playing again, we were down to just five players. We did our best but they were able to keep the ball much easier than before and in the end we lost 5-2. I must say it is the first time in a while that I felt like we had a chance, and instead of feeling down beat after the game, I felt hard done by.
Today was really a football orientated day. I woke up earlier than I would of liked at half 8 when I was planning a lie in. But oh well, guess my body had had enough of sleeping. So before going to the shops at twelve with a friend, I got up and played some FIFA 12. In my haste to leave as I unexpectedly went to extra time in a game, I forgot to save my progress. So frustratingly I lost five games worth of effort. Lesson learnt.
The final football element of my day came when I watched Manchester City vs Chelsea, which finished 2-1. Not quite what I had hoped for being a Chelsea fan, being fully optimistic I would of said Chelsea could win but Manchester City are a very good side. At least Chelsea are playing with the look of a team who can compete, and on that note, Fernando Torres looked like he has had a massive weight lifted from his shoulders after scoring twice against Leicester in the previous game.
This weekend I am home from friday to saturday evening for a family meal, so I will be fairly busy and then sunday I have the Sport Relief run. To add to the six miles, I have a 40-50 minute walk to and from the Mountbatten Centre in Portsmouth to contend with! Just more to add to the challenge I guess, as well as being dressed up as batman!
Right, guess I should get some sleep so my body can get to fighting this cold off. I hope it doesn't linger as long as the last one did!
I hope you'll feel better and well enough in time for the run! :D
ReplyDeleteThank you! I hope so :)
ReplyDelete