Sunday, 25 March 2012

Sport Relief

Today I ran in the Sainsbury's Sport Relief run and ran 6 miles. I finished it in 55 minutes 30 seconds. The Portsmouth one was held at the Mountbatten Centre and it was basically doing laps of the atheltics track.

6 miles is 24 laps of the track (give or take a bit, 6 miles is 10 kilometres). The run was tough and being dressed as Batman meant that I got very hot, on what was a nice sunny day.  Its later on and I'm very tired! I expect I will have dinner and just go to bed!

I was impressed at the large number of attendees at the event with people of all ages turning out for a great cause. The University's radio station was there playing music and supporting everyone. All in all it was a well run event and one I enjoyed taking part in.

In total (unless I get any further sponsors) I raised £73.06 which I am very satisfied with.

No comments:

Post a Comment