Sunday, 22 April 2012

Oops... I reflected again.

Another unproductive day (in terms of work) completed. I spent my day having a nice lie in, watching two football matches, watching a football results coverage programme for the length of another football match and playing some games of FIFA 12 on PS3. So if you define productive as football related, then I'm not sure how I could of been more productive!

I also had a little time to reflect, and not the reflecting where I hold my phone and get sunlight in people's eyes to annoy them. Here goes:

  • You can't get too much of a good thing. I guess this can be applied in many different ways, but the way I am viewing it is that time is short, or widely considered to be, and you should make the most of the time you get doing things you enjoy. People say time flies, but really it is constant, it is just you don't remember all the times you spend, such as eight hours sleeping a day or so. Nonetheless, many people know the feeling of good things being over all too soon. I feel a bit like university will be an experience I will eventually view in that way and I hope I do make the most of it and can look back with few regrets.

  • Setting goals can help if you have the motivation. My goal when I started blogging was to feel willing and content to blog a few times a week and to be able to talk about things that interest me and hopefully others. The interesting others bit I am not aware of as I don't know who reads this (if you are unknown, comment or follow!). But I definitely feel that doing this was a good idea. It gives me some time and a space to put some of my thoughts into words and eternalised html glory of some description.

  • Show an interest in what other people do (even if it isn't that interesting to you). It can make a difference to them and therefore is well worth the effort. I'm sure if you extend that courtesy to others, you may well talk to more people and hopefully find others take an interest also in what you do so mutually everyone can benefit.

There are six weeks of university left in my first year and the last three weeks of that time I will (at various points) have five exams. It will be a busy month and a half, as I aim to use my time well. There is also the release of two films that I want to see at the cinema, being the Avengers Assemble and American Pie The Reunion, and there are two fixtures left for my 6-a-side team.

Finishing, I enjoy the poem I quoted at the end of my last post. To refer badly to it, I hope my fireworks can erupt and combust in these last six weeks to put on a show for others, and in turn perhaps they will do the same. That certainly would make for a pleasant finish to what has been a very pleasant time.

No comments:

Post a Comment