Monday, 6 February 2012

Pigging Out.

Hey all. Today I feel a lot like this film character from Austin Powers:
Fat Bastard from Austin Powers


So, why do I feel scottish and overweight? Well its not quite that. Let me explain what I'm on about...

Pizza Hut run a promotion in December where with your bill you get an envelope with a gift inside. If you return between January til around the eighth of February if I rememeber rightly, then they open the envelope for you and you get a free gift. The majority of these gifts are free food such as garlic bread, or money off your next bill. So I noticed I had one of these envelopes on my pin board and
decided to go today with a friend.

The waitress serving us opened the envelope and sure enough, no iPad, but it was a free portion of cookie dough and icing. Very nice but maybe not what you want after a buffet lunch. As is common for me, whenever I have a good excuse, mainly at buffets, I seem to eat above and beyond by what I would normally eat. Today I set a new "record" for the number of slices I have consumed in one Pizza Hut Buffet sitting. That was twenty slices. Ridiculous I think personally. And on top of that, I had the cookie dough and ice cream aswell. Seems silly thinking about it now but at the time I was of the mindset eating that much was fine. Needless to say after around ten minutes afterwards I felt massively full, and only decided to have a bowl of cereal for dinner around seven and a half hours later as I felt I should still have a kind of dinner. So yeah, that's why I felt a bit like the character I decided to have a picture of above.

On another note, last night and in the early hours of this morning, I had the chance to watch the Superbowl for the first time. It featured the New England Patriots and the New York Giants. It lasted until three in the morning and today when I got up for my seminar at ten I did feel tired. But, to experience the biggest sporting event in America was an interesting experience. I didn't find the game as exciting as I expected, but was still entertained more than enough to continue watching all the way through. In the end the New York Giants won and, as I learnt during the showing of the game, Eli Manning (their quarterback) was awarded MVP for the game. I'm told the winning team's quarterback normally wins that after the game.

As I mentioned in my last blog, I had a very long shot bet. And I'm outrageously excited to inform you that... kidding, it lost. It came out with three games right and three games wrong. Better luck next time hey! The Chelsea vs Manchester United game was very entertaining, for the right and wrong reasons. There were elements of sheer skill, quality and controversy but it certainly made for a captivating way to spend sunday afternoon.

I think for the sake of having something small to occupy me, aside from university work, placing a few small bets each week will be fun. Most of my work comes earlier in the week, where tomorrow as it happens, I have the horrible looking four lectures in five hours experience once more. So by the time the weekend comes around I have more time to fill and perhaps this could fill some of it without a job coming about (as yet). Previously I have placed bets but on a more irregular basis. Perhaps I could make a regular trip every thursday like a real punter and put on a bet for the weekend's games then! Not sure how this idea will end up, but I'll be sure to keep the results posted if they are worth mentioning.

Right, as I told myself I would do a long while ago tonight, I am going to get to sleep to make up for my lack of sleep last night due to the Superbowl, and also as I have a bright early start tomorrow to wake up for. I think I'll sleep very well too with the fact I've eaten very well today!

No comments:

Post a Comment