Doubt that its just me, it can't be surely? All of a sudden temperatures have dropped and the wind has picked up. I wear a jumper inside now and need to remember to wrap up warmer when going out to various lectures or seminars. Luckily found a scarf in the back of my cupboard yesterday and it made the world of difference.
Yesterday I finally got to do the CCTV psychology study which I mentioned previously. The person running it had to cancel Tuesday, and after we had rescheduled it to Thursday, they had to cancel it once more, posponing it until Friday. Nonetheless, I got there and the room was much smaller than I expected. The test involved firstly having the equipment calibrated to my eye movement. I was told to rest my head on some stand and watch a black dot move around the screen. For whatever reason this took a number of attempts but once done the test began. The scene involved people in a waiting room and then a theft incident. The thief subtlely changed to a completely different person and I was lucky that I noticed the change or I would not of had much to say when I answered questions afterwards. If anything else happened or I did something wrong/right, I'm afraid I doubt I'll find out, but I guess noticing the change of person may have been a good thing.
Lately I've been taking the time to try and improve my CV, and am awaiting next wednesday to take it to be reviewed again. I remember reading somewhere that two pages was a good length(?). I had a bit of trouble adding in the information and making the changes that were suggested to me, whilst keeping it within that limit.
Tomorrow sees a big football match occur, Chelsea vs Manchester United. Being a Chelsea fan, this is somewhat of a rivalry match up and I hope that we will win, though equally I'm sceptical. Either way, it should prove to be an entertaining fixture and a good way to spend the latter parts of tomorrow afternoon. Whilst playing on FIFA 12 with some friends a few days ago on Career Mode, we noticed that the fixtures in the game were the same as today's Premiership football fixtures. I thought it would be a fun idea to take the results of these games and place them in a bet. It was for six games, and I only had twenty pence change, but the returns were still £240.84. That gives odds of around 1204/1! So I expect that my bet will amount to nothing more than being a fun idea, but if I am highly lucky, I'll be sure to let you know of that outcome.
In March I am taking part in the Sport Relief Mile in Portsmouth and running six miles. I signed up for it after signing up for another event later this year, the Great South Run, which is happening in October. Being the organised person that I am, I have made a Facebook event for it already and am trying to gather sponsorship. I decided at some point in the process of making the event page and the sport relief page, that if I reached £25 worth of sponsorship before the event, I would do it dressed up as batman. Hopefully that will help raise more support for an excellent cause. I will stick a link to the page on here in case any kind hearted souls would like to read more about it and possibly contribute:
My Sport Relief sponsorship page
For now I'm going to finish sorting out the clothes that I washed earlier, make myself some lunch and try to do something meaningful with the rest of the day. That is, without getting freezing cold in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment