Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Present and Potential

Following my previous post, partially about student properties and enthusing over the details, I can now proudly say that: "THE CONTRACTS ARE SIGNED, DEPOSITS HAVE BEEN PAID AND WE'RE ALL SET FOR THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR! WOOO!".

Well I'm glad thats all out of the way. It may be a long way off until even moving in but its reassuring to know that we head towards that deadline with it all set and waiting for us, with all the exciting possibility it entails. Really looking forward to it.

But alas, there are more things to life than just student properties. Today I played football for a friend's five-a-side team. In the end we came out 4-3 winners. It was a close fought game that began with us going 3-0 down due to a mixture of mistakes and being slow to get started. By half time we had pulled it back to 3-2, courtesy of a goal from myself, and were starting to get a hold on the game. The second half continued as the first had ended, and we soon grabbed a great long range goal to make it 3-3. It then became a more end to end encounter with both teams having chances and trying to win it. On what was the last minute of the game and last attack, the ball fell to me with only one of their players ahead and one player in support. I passed it after drawing the defender and we scored to seal the victory. Not a minute to soon either.

Apologies for the personal touches. In all honesty, up until scoring what was an alright goal I'm told, I was poor and would put my hands up and say I contributed to the 3-0 deficit. But from the goal being scored it gave all of us the drive to go on, especially for me, and eventually win the game.

I would of still enjoyed it as much if we had lost/drawn the game. I love having the opportunity to go play football a short taxi ride away with my friends. Generally speaking spending time with my friends and having a laugh is what I'm all about. And I'm making the most of it as in a week and a bit, all our lectures start up again and time will be less generously allocated to it.

Currently, the present is fun, relaxed and chilled and the future holds the potential for a lot of fun and excitement. It would be a understatement to say that I'm enjoying myself right now.

Roll on tomorrow and year two!

No comments:

Post a Comment