Happy New Year!
Formalities out the way, I appreciate I am massively late on that front, and in fact since any previous activity on this blog. Guess that comes about from never having maintained a blog before. Obviously without input it doesn't change or improve. Perhaps a good new years resolution would be to try and make my blogging more frequent...
Anyway, onto what's been going on.
I had a really nice relaxed christmas with family, received and gave some nice presents, ate plenty of food and really enjoyed my time back at home from university. I got to spend lots of time with friends from back home as well which was a laugh. As I don't have my car at university, back home driving around again was actually quite enjoyable (not so much my car being thirsty for that expensive fluid petrol though!).
Following the coming of the new year, I am back at university once more and have completed my exams (of which there were two). In the build up to them they seemed like a big deal to me as I had never sat a university exam. However, as it happened, the process was simple and so were the two papers. I expect that this is the easiest it will be and also the least amount of exams I will have to sit, but I'm glad the revision, exams and all else associated with them is over for now.
Released recently, I have a new timetable for this semester. I confess I am not as enthralled with it as with my previous timetable, where I had two days off and time inbetween lectures and seminars to be more relaxed. I guess that they take it easy on freshers initially and now its time to begin to get more work done. I now have six units with one having finished in semester one and two more new ones starting for this semester. I am daunted perhaps by the step up in the quantity of work and attendance I will need to make this semester. But, I'm sure as in semester one, I will quickly settle into it and any preliminary doubts will be erased.
The main topic of discussion with my uni friends currently is about accommodation for year two. I admit my eagerness and enthusiasm to get it sorted may mean that there are more conversations about it than there may be ordinarily but oh well! Today my future housemates and I viewed four properties and really liked one of them. In fact we went to view it a second time later in the afternoon! For the time being we thought it smart to leave it a few days to reflect but as it stands it seems that come next week, we will commit to contracts and make the relevant deposits.
It sounds so simple to type about it here but being a part of it all, I find it is very exciting to be sorting out our own space for what is later this year and gaining further independence. I found myself visualising living there and really enjoyed the thought and how fun it could all be. I am aware that it is not set in concrete that it will be in that house, (though currently I am highly hopeful it will be!). To compound my enthusiasm and to aid my memory, after returning from the second viewing, I drew a rough floor plan of the property.
I think best that I try to briefly distance my mind from it all as there are other items that require some attention, such as a piece of coursework I need to finalise and submit and this blog. Well I guess that I am supplying some attention to the latter...
For now, having noticed the time and my matching tiredness, I shall get to sleep and make a mental note to try and get back into a more regular sleeping pattern!
*Enthusiastic ramble over*

No comments:
Post a Comment