Thursday, 17 November 2011

What's it like up there?

Well, when it came to selecting a name for this blog, it seemed to me like I should be quirky, innovative and original. I doubt I achieved any of those things. Nonetheless, the name arose from me thinking about a comment a number of people have made to me in the past. And the name is it.

What's it like up there?

I shall devote thispost to explaining how it is for me "up there".

Initially I will begin by saying, depending on who I'm talking to, I may not be thinking overly about the "up there" part if I'm looking down at you when I'm talking to you. If anything I'm probably comtemplating "What it would be like down there?". But, aside from that distracting point, "up there" for me, is an experience of advantages and disadvantages. Advantage, I can see over people and see what's going on in a crowd. Disadvantage, if I drop something I have farther to go to pick it up. Pro, I can reach all items on supermarket shelves and can assist those that can't. Con, sometimes it is harder to find clothes that accommodate for the taller variety.

In fact, I was thinking of typing "and I could go on". But actually, on reflection, I doubt that. For I don't see things any differently (unless my eyes are funny and I don't know about it) than anyone else. Having a marginally varied perspective on viewing something is impossible or very difficult to simulate. I haven't a hope of properly experiencing the life of someone "down there" so I may never know actually like "up there".

Probably, in scratching away feebly at the surface of this, I have simply let out a raft of meaningless drivel that fills a post on a blog. Perhaps then, I have achieved at least something. And from "up there", or equally, from anywhere, that counts for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment