Thursday, 10 November 2011

At long last

Hi. Good, now that that's out the way...

I've been meaning to set up a blog for rather a long time, to be more specific, 3 years. The idea started when I was in sixth form with a bit of spare time. I guess it never materialised as I wasn't overly sure how to begin or what to say. (That isn't a suggestion that I am now full of ideas for blogs).

Anyway, now that I've got the formality of feeling like I need to explain that (not that you would have known if I didn't tell you) off of my chest, the actual blogging can begin.

The title (At long last, if you didn't feel like reading it again) is not just about the fact I took my time getting round to starting a blog. Clever right? Well you be the judge...

Being like a lot of people (I'm told), I've never really had any idea what I wanted to do for a career. This was relevant when it came to applying for university. I had no idea what to do or where to go. Instead of diving into a course and hoping for the best, after sixth form finished I took a gap year. For a lot of that time I still had no idea what I wanted to do with myself. Skipping the details of my gap year completely, I decided to go to university after all and I'm really glad that I did. Okay, so the title wasn't impressive, it was just a coincidence that there were time delays for me in both blogging and university. Back to finishing the tale... I opted to study Accounting. I am fairly organised and good with numbers and after I researched it , the pieces just fell into place and I haven't looked back. This being the first year of my course, the work load isn't too bad and the work itself isn't too difficult. Perhaps this assisted me with providing some motivation to set up a blog!

When I speak to other students, a common response is that accountants are dull or they say something to do with numbers. Pretty much the standard stereotype I assume. Philosophically, I guess it is what you make it. It could be seen as boring, but then every job is apparently boring so why not do one that "specialises" in boredom? Personally, I don't find it boring and obviously enough I doubt I would have chosen the course if I did.

To round this up, Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment