So yeah, I just looked in and saw my last post was 4 and a half months ago!
I guess that is testament to just how busy I have been keeping myself. Second year of university has seen my workload increase massively, with a lovely pile of coursework to supplement that. Aside from that work increase, I am also playing weekly in an 11-a-side football team, eating that little bit more into my limited free time.
Given a more ideal situation, I would like to be able to find the time to relax and do things that are unrelated to my work, but most of the time that is not the case. I am tackling my coursework this weekend mainly and there is not much else to it. I want to achieve the best results I can and that is the only way I know how.
In the past 4 and a half months, much has changed, but my most significant news and achievement would be completing the Great South Run. I ran 10 miles in aid of Cancer Research UK in memory of my nan, and it was a tiring yet awesome experience. So many people got together to support so many great causes and I came away feeling I really had gotten involved with something important.
I finished my run in 1 hour, 26 minutes and 19 seconds to be precise. No idea how good/bad that is, but that is irrelevant. My goal was the run the whole way and I managed that, running an even paced race. According to the Great South Run website, I finished 4939th! At the end I received my finishers pack, with some drinks and energy snacks, as well as the medal and t-shirt pictured with me below. It needn't be said, but I was very proud of myself then, and still am.
Have a good day/week/month dependent on when I next post! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment