Sunday, 4 March 2012

Noodles!

Today I cooked my first Chinese style dish!

My flatmates persuaded me to give it a go after I tried some of a meal they made which was delicious. In all honesty it all made quite a large portion, but it was very nice and eating it all wasn't a problem!

The ingredients I used were:
  • Udon noodles
  • Pickled bamboo shoots
  • Chicken
  • Sausage
  • Spring onion
  • Mushroom
  • Garlic
So how did I make it (I meaning myself with some assistance!):

  1. Chop up spring onion, mushroom, garlic, chicken and sausage (keep each separate).
  2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan
  3. Add garlic and cook until it begins to brown.
  4. Add chicken then sausage.
  5. Now add pickled bamboo shoots
  6. Then mushroom and spring onion
  7. Add some salt for a bit of extra flavour
  8. Now add udon noodles and a little water
  9. Separate noodles and voila!
The whole time the ingredients in the pan should be turned and moved around to ensure that they are evenly and well cooked.

And here's the end product again with a bit of me too. Note the happiness. After finishing the food, I was still happy, just a bit full having enjoyed a lovely meal.




2 comments:

  1. yaaaayyy! glad you liked it! more to come I hope. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D of course I liked it. Definitely more to come!

      Delete