A few days ago I was wondering when Mother's Day was, and then pancake day was "tossed" into the "mix". I'll stop with lame puns now before it gets any uglier. So in googling the two I was delighted to find Pancake Day was next week. I also found a picture of a pancake, with the two traditional toppings of sugar and lemon.
Today me and some friends are headed to Tescos to stock up on pancake mix, and also a variety of foods for a super large lunch/dinner meal. Its a throw back to last year, when on the 3rd of November, we had a crazy meal in a tribute to Epic Meal Time from YouTube.
I'm not sure if the picture does it justice, so I'll describe it. We has two pizzas as buns, with sausage, bacon, fish fingers and burgers crammed inside. Alongside this we had waffles, chips and more sausages, burgers and fish fingers. Out of picture, to the right of the waffles, we had a chocolate caterpillar cake as dessert. Needless to say, the three of us who took part were extremely full afterwards.
But yeah, we decided we wanted to do something like it again. I don't expect it will be quite that much food but I imagine it will still be pure excess. My idea for this time was to have a lot of sausages, chips and beans. But already more things are being suggested such as bacon. We will be stuffing our faces on Saturday afternoon, something to keep us occupied this weekend!
A quick report of this week's football. The league my team plays in ended with us finishing second, nine points behind a very good team called Lokomotiv Fishbourne. Following this, I was told we were entered into a new six-a-side league. There was a lot of unknowns regarding rules, pitches, teams etc. As it happened, we had move to a bigger pitch, with bigger goals. The rules were relaxed from nothing above waist height to pretty much anything is acceptable. We played Lokomotiv Fishbourne in our first game and lost 6-1. We were simply outplayed and struggled to adjust to the bigger pitch and different rules. I just thought to look on the website, and found their are ten teams in our league, with two new teams entered. Following our thrashing we sit bottom, but hopefully all that will change if we can get points in our next game!
My search for part-time work has been fairly fruitless. I think it is fair to say the amount I've been looking has increased but no luck as yet. I'm beginning to think it is far too late to be looking and I'll need to look in August/September when the next uni year starts.
Right, I have a lecture and seminar to attend in twenty five minutes and need to get my stuff ready for it. Catch you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment